The purpose of this book study is to come together as a small group to read and discuss a book about theology, faith and life. Join us for a fascinating study together as we meet to discuss what we have read. Please contact Moses Falco for more information or if you would like to join (email@example.com).
The book we will study:
The Cost of Community: Jesus, St. Francis and Life in the Kingdom
by Jamie Arpin-Ricci, InterVarsity Press, 2011. See Moses' review here.
Moses has copies of this book available for $10 each. Please contact him if you would like one.
We will meet four Wednesdays, 7-9pm, at Moses and Jessica’s house, 600 Rosedale Ave.
October 25 - Discussing from the forward - chapter 3 (p.9-64)
November 8 - Discussing chapters 4-6 (p.65-112)
November 22 - Discussing chapters 7-9 (p.113-164)
December 6 - An evening with author Jamie Arpin-Ricci, discussing chapter 10 - the conclusion (p.165-220)
Things to Ponder:
As you read this book feel free to highlight, make notes and write down questions you have. If it helps, use these questions to guide your reflection:
- Which parts of the book resonate with you? Which parts did you like?
- Which parts of the book did not resonate with you? Which parts did you not like?
- Which parts of the book did you not understand? What questions do you have?
- Which parts of the book teach you something about God?
- Which parts of the book can you apply in your daily life?